Summer Deadline: April 16
Are you passionate about helping promote renewable energy and protecting Utah from dirty air and nuclear waste? Do you want to support this work by helping expand one of Utah’s premier grassroots advocacy organizations? Are you interested in getting hands-on experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, outreach and more?
HEAL Utah is seeking a summer intern to help with the following projects:
· Helping us reach new supporters around the state, via outreach events (Farmers Markets, Music Festivals, Street Festivals, Etc.)
· Research and writing to support our campaigns, such as: Working to transition as quickly as possible away from dirty coal power plants; Pushing renewable energy; Fighting for solutions to Utah’s dirty air problem.
· Ongoing organizational tasks, such as helping engage dozens of HEAL volunteers, manage our list of over 15,000 existing supporters and help cultivate hundreds of new supporters.
· Assist with HEAL Utah events, including press conferences, regulatory hearings and quarterly HEAL community educational nights.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter. Successful applicants will be: passionate about Utah’s health and environment; outgoing; disciplined; be determined problem-solvers; and have a engaging personality. Preference will be given to those with a background in: environmental issues, public policy, public speaking, activism, non-profits, fundraising and marketing.
1) Passion for HEAL Utah’s work and dedication to helping us grow
2) Must Have a Car
3) Ability to commit 15 hours per week from mid May – mid August.
4) Available some weekends and evenings
5) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation: Interns will be paid a $500 stipend.
Submit: (1) A detailed cover letter explaining your fit, (2) A resume describing prior relevant experience, and (3) one or two names whom we can call for references to email@example.com. We will conduct interviews for selected candidates shortly the closing date. Questions can be directed to: Noah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-